If you do not want us to collect, use and transfer your personal information in this way then you should (depending on what it is you object to) contact as and ask for your information to be deleted.
2. Personal information
Once you register as a user, we ask you for certain basic and personal information in order to build up your user profile, for example your name and email address.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you provide via the “Registration” page when registering to use GBVHIVONLINE including your name, email address, job title and any updated information you provide from time to time;
- any comments you may have about your application to register;
- Information you provide via the “My Profile” page;
- Information you provide when you submit or post content on GBVHIVONLINE or when you contact us (including when you report a problem with the platform to us).
- Additional information we may request from you from time to time either by contacting you directly or through the platform, although there will be no obligation on you to provide this additional information.
- Details of your visits to the GBVHIVONLINE including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information from your computer and browser including your IP address and cookies information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
If you provide us with information about another person you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them, consent to the processing of their personal data including sensitive personal data and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out below) for which their personal data will be processed.
If you are a registered user, you can access all the information we hold about you, amend or update any inaccuracies in your personal information by logging on to your personal profile. Please contact us for any other queries regarding the information we may hold about you.
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to our processing your personal data for the purposes set out below.
4. How we use your personal information
We use personal information held about you in the following main ways:
- To administer and support the GBVHIVONLINE platform and your use of the platform;
- To provide you with access to the appropriate areas and functions of the platform (including to particular content);
- To contact you via email from time to time, in order to get feedback on the platform;
- To notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the platform;
- For Subscribers to access and use the search engine available via the platform and connect with other registered users of the Knowledge Hub Platform;
- For assessment and analysis to enable us to review, develop and improve the services we offer; and/or
- For any other purposes to which you have given your consent.
We do not sell, trade or rent your information to other parties without your permission. We may provide statistics about traffic patterns and related site information to third parties, but we will not supply any personal information that would enable you to be identified.
Except in very specific circumstances, we do not disclose any of your information to other parties, except where you have given your consent in the “My Profile” section of the platform. In this respect we may need to share your information with our service providers and agents for the above purposes.
However, we reserve the right to give your personal information to a third party without your consent where we believe that such disclosure is (i) required by law or (ii) necessary to assist in the prevention or detection of any criminal action (including fraud) or (iii) is in the overriding public interest and is permitted by law.
By registering as a user of the platform, you acknowledge and agree that some of the information you provide may be accessed from countries outside the Kenya, subject to different standards of protection.
5. Protection of Your Personal Information
We are strongly committed to data security and we take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to seek to safeguard the information you provide to us.
However, owing to the nature of the internet we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us. We recommend that you take every precaution to protect your personal information while you are using the GBVHIVONLINE platform and the internet.
6. How long we keep your personal information
We will keep and use the personal information for as long as you are registered as a user of the Knowledge Hub Platform, and for at least 3 years afterwards, in order to deal with any consequent queries or complaints you may have. We may retain the personal information for longer than this if there is a legal reason or requirement to keep the information for longer, for example if it is relevant to any current legal proceedings.
If you are a registered user and cease to access the platform for a period of ……………….then we shall mark your personal profile as “gone away” and deactivate your registration. If you wish to use the the platform after such period has elapsed then you will need to re-register with us.
Any references to you in any current records and any statistical information (from which you cannot be identified) may be kept for longer periods.
9. IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address (which is a unique identifier of the user’s computer or other access device), operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are small files stored in your computer’s hard drive by your web browser. When you access the GBVHIVONLINE, if you have enabled cookies, our computer server will access these cookies so that it can recognize your computer. These cookies help us to improve the platform and deliver a better and more personalized service.
10. Contact Us
If you have any queries about how we use your information you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org